Our "Scoring System"

A note about what our scores mean:
5 - Wine your kids buy for you
6 - Would drink. Jug wine. Good for parties and your kids!
7 and above - Good for ANYTHING. Would recommend to friends. The higher the better!

And for PAIRINGS the scores mean:
0 = Wine tastes best alone
1 = Wine tastes best with food #1
2 = Wine tastes best with food #2

About Me

My photo
This blog started because we needed a tenor in the church choir... Bob, Karen and I told Mike that if he joined the choir we would go out after practice every Thursday for drinks and appetizers. After a while we decided that it would be more fun (and less expensive!) to take turns hosting a "wine & cheese" night. Then Bob had the brilliant idea to "Taste the Vine" in alphabetical order. We started with Cabernet Sauvignon. The rules were simple: 1) The wine had to start with your designated letter, and 2) the bottle had to be covered up so we didn't know what we were drinking. I decided to write down our scores so that we would know which wines we liked the best....then was "forced" into writing a blog so that we could share our "finds" with our friends. So, enjoy!!

Sunday, May 27, 2012

It was Quite a Quest to find Q's from Europe

Thursday, March 1, 2012
‘Q’ Night hosted by Mike & Becky but held in the home of Bob & Karen
Bob: “Claire is Q-less.” Mike: “That’s the quote – Claire is here but has no ‘Q’s.”
Claire in pain after her operation, and unable to taste the Q’s tonight.

  1. Château Queyssard 2005 Premières Côtes de Bordeaux, France   $13.99
    Bob: “Basic.”
    Becky: “Thin.”
    Karen: “Smells lighter than it tastes.”
    Jess: “Not my favorite.”
    Karen: “Not bad after the salami.”
    Bob: “It’s not bad, it’s just not good.”
    Karen: “I’m liking it better with food.”
    Jess: “I agree.”
    Mike: “I haven’t found the right food. yet.”
    Bob: “Quaint.”
    Mike: “Quick.”
    Jess: “Quiet.”
    Karen: “Quirky”
    Becky: “Not queenly.”
    Bob: However, I’m going to drink it because it’s going to quench my thirst.”
    Bob 6, Karen 5, Mike 5, Becky 6, Jess 5




  2. Quasar Gran Reserva from Chile…Oops! Not European    $11.99
    Becky: “Look at the color!”
    Karen: “It’s darker.”
    Mike: “I have a lot.”
    Becky: “You have quite a lot.”
    Karen: “PLEASE taste as good as it smells…Quality.”
    Bob: “Look at it. It quakes.”
    Karen: “Yum.”
    Bob: I’m with her. You’re not going to get a quarrel out of me.”
    Jess: “I quite agree.”
    Bob: “You know what’s interesting? It’s Q night and you may go watch Quidditch!”
    Becky: “This one is queenly.”
    Mike: This was worth the quest.”
    Jess: High quality.”
    Karen: “It has enough dryness. It has a nice finish.”
    Becky: “It has a beautiful color.”
    (Mike: “Take the bus.” Jess: “Where do I catch it?” Bob: “At said bus stop.” Becky almost spits wine out.)
    Bob 8, Karen 8, Mike 7, Becky 7.5, Jess 8




  3. The Spanish Quarter 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon tempranillo, Spain  $9.99
    Karen: “What is that smell? I don’t want to taste it yet. Licorice?”
    Bob: “Clove.”
    Karen: “Yes! Clove!” (Karen brought out cloves to smell)
    Jess: “It’s pretty good.”
    Bob: “It’s not bad.”
    Mike: I like it. I’m quaking.”
    Becky: “This does have a little spice to it.”
    Mike: “The taste at the end is better. But no quake.”
    Bob 6.5, Karen 7, Mike 7.5, Becky 7.5, Jess 6.5


  4. Clos des Quatre Vents – Fleurie 2009 George Duboeuf, France  $18.99
    Becky: “Wow! Look how dark that is!” This is the metallic smell.”
    Bob: “Eww. What is that? Smells like big balls.”
    Karen: “I don’t like this. I don’t want to drink it. Who wants it?” (pours her wine into Bob’s glass)
    Mike: “I don’t think it’s that bad.”
    Bob: “Tastes like those chips. Tastes like olives.”
    Bob 5, Karen 4, Mike 7, Becky 3, Jess 6

No comments:

Post a Comment